Family Medicine physician serving Montrose, La Cañada, La Crescenta, Glendale and neighboring areas
Why O3D Infusion?
O3D Infusion, also known as Ozone Dialysis, or Extra-Corporeal Blood Ozonation and Oxygenation (EBOO or EBO2), or Recirculatory Hemoperfusion (RHP), is the most advanced ozone treatment available in the world today. An O3D Infusion has your entire blood bathed with a continuous flow of ozone in one single hour-long session while simultaneously having your blood filtered (dialyzed) of unwanted inflammatory proteins. While ozone therapy can come in many forms, this O3D Infusion, via its dual ozonation and filtration process, is the most therapeutic.
Being able to offer the O3D Infusion represents a quantum leap for our practice and for our patients. The O3D Infusion allows for the reduction of chronic inflammation and creates a watershed of positive impacts on your quality of life and performance.
The O3D Infusion removes many impurities from the blood, including but not limited to: inflammatory proteins; unneeded inactive proteins; diseased cells; and dead cells.
Ozone therapy is re-emerging in contemporary medicine and is gaining renewed interest among patients, especially due to its impressive results since the beginning of 2020.
What is Ozone?
Ozone (O3) is simply a high powered supercharged form of oxygen comprised of three atoms. Think of ozone as ‘super oxygen’ and consider that oxygen is the most important nutrient for our bodies. Ozone, the ‘super oxygen,’ has beneficial effects on every part of the body, is an incredible detoxifier, rejuvenator, and physiologic energizer.
Ozone Therapy Safety
Over a century experience and research, including over 2,000 published papers available in the medical literature, demonstrate Ozone-Oxygen therapy to be one of the most powerful and versatile therapies known today. Ozone therapies are safe and effective. Plain and simple. A safety study showed the moderate or severe side effect rate to be 0.0007% out of over 5.5 million ozone treatments. In other words, ozone therapy is consistently safe and with minimal and preventable side effects. No pharmaceutical drug comes close to this type of safety stats. If inhaled, ozone will give minor irritation to the respiratory system, so inhalation should be avoided.
Medical use of ozone should be considered carefully in people with:
- Individuals with a known deficiency of the glucose-6-phosphate enzyme (G6PD)
- Acute or chronic tendency to bleeding/hemophilia
- Blood thinner medications
- Low platelet count
- Overactive thyroid or thyrotoxicosis
How Does Ozone Therapy Work?
- Ozone stimulates the body toward homeostasis by creating a mild, acute oxidative stress and activates the NRF2 pathway. The NRF2 pathway is also activated during exercise and fasting. The NRF2 pathway is the master regulator of antioxidant, detoxification and cell defense gene expression. It regulates over 600 genes involved in cellular protection and antioxidant defenses. It modulates numerous genes responsible for cognitive processes, inflammatory responses, rebuilding tissue, immune system response, and inhibiting cancer production and preventing its spread.
- Ozone up-regulates the body’s natural antioxidant production, thereby scavenging excess free radicals when needed, which is key in rejuvenation and overall health. Another very important pathway that is directly stimulated by Ozone therapy is called the NF kappa Beta (NFkB) Pathway. Nuclear factor kappa-β is a transcription factor that is the “master switch” for inflammation. Severe oxidative stress activates nuclear transcriptional factor kappa B (NFκB), resulting in an inflammatory response and tissue injury via the production of COX2, PGE2, and cytokines. However, moderate oxidative stress activates Nrf2 pathway. Nrf2 then induces the transcription of antioxidant response elements (ARE). These are very strong antioxidants.
- Ozone improves red blood cell and blood vessel flexibility and elasticity thereby improving blood circulation and improving oxygen delivery to harder-to-reach tissues of the body at the cellular level. To the extent that ozone enhances blood flow, it relieves pain and inflammation.
- Ozone enhances oxygen metabolism and increases tissue oxygenation by infusing the mitochondria of the cell with oxygen, resulting in increased energy in the form NAD and ATP. This energy is used to do exactly as the body needs and is often/usually felt by people as a noticeable ‘clear-headed energy.’
- Ozone therapy forms compounds called Ozonides. Ozonides are formed when Ozone comes in contact with lipids and amino acids in the blood. These Ozonides penetrate the cell membrane and oxidize NADH back to NAD helping to maintain an optimal NAD/NADH ratio.
- Ozone modulates the immune system (enhances it when needed like when infection is present and lowers it when needed like in autoimmunity).
- Ozonides also have a significant effect on cytokine production. Cytokines are messenger molecules that seem to have a significant effect especially on cells of the immune system. The importance of cytokines cannot be understated. Essentially all medical conditions are a result of an imbalance of cytokines.
- Ozone is a broad spectrum germicide (against viruses, bacteria, spirochetes, parasites, mycoplasma, fungus, etc.).
Ozone therapy both heals and detoxifies at the same time by providing energy to the systems of the body that need it most. Ozone may benefit the following:
- Neutralizes Free Radicals (which contribute to all diseases listed below)
- Neurological Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Atherosclerosis & Arterial Blood Vessel Plaque
- Poor Cholesterol / Triglycerides
- Cardiac Insufficiency
- Angina / Claudication
- High Blood Pressure
- ESRD (end stage renal disease)
- Liver Disease
- Immune Enhancer (integral to complimentary cancer therapy support)
- Ozone kills Fungi, Viruses, and Bacteria, Protozoa, Parasites, Mycoplasma and spirochetes on direct contact as well as via immune system enhancement
- Lyme and Co-Infections
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Chronic fatigue states
- Chemical sensitivity
- Macular degeneration
- Chronic bladder conditions
- Auto-immune Diseases
- Eczema and psoriasis
- And many more…
For more extensive learning on Oxidation Therapies including Ozone, please read:
- Ozone Without Borders https://
- International Scientific Committee of Ozone Therapy on Extracorporeal blood oxygenation-ozonation (EBOO) PDF: https://isco3.org/wp-
content/uploads/2017/03/ISCO3- MET-00-22-Extracorporeal- blood-oxygenation-ozonation- EBOO.pdf
- The Story of Ozone, Sixth Edition
- The Oxygen Prescription – The Miracle of Oxidative Therapies by Nathaniel Altman
- Oxygen Healing Therapies http://www.
- Ozone, a Medical Breakthrough? A 2009 investigative DVD documentary, now on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/
- Read about Dr. Yoshi Rahm’s talk on Glutathione and Ozone at the Pasadena California Chapter of the Weston A. Price Foundation
- Extracorporeal blood oxygenation and ozonation: clinical and biological implications of ozone therapy: https://pubmed.ncbi.
- Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation and Ozonation (EBOO): A Controlled Trial in Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease: https://www.
researchgate.net/publication/ 7480897_Extracorporeal_Blood_ Oxygenation_and_Ozonation_ EBOO_A_Controlled_Trial_in_ Patients_with_Peripheral_ Artery_Disease
O3D Infusion on Dr. Yoshi Rahm
This photo shows blood coming from the person’s body, before being oxygenated, ozonated and filtered of impurities, and then the cleaned, re-invigorated blood is infused back into the person’s body.
© 2020 Oasis Family Medicine, Inc.