Family Medicine physician serving Montrose, La Cañada, La Crescenta, Glendale and neighboring areas
Take charge of your health!
Invest in yourself. Regain your health,
wellness and vitality starting now.
Call us today for an appointment.
Functional Medicine is All About You!
Your Story, Your Lifestyle, Your Health.
Functional Medicine is the evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of our patients. The healthcare profession is experiencing an exciting shift from traditional disease-centered medicine to the more patient-centered approach that looks at the whole person, not just an isolated array of unrelated symptoms. Functional medicine doctors spend time with their patients, listen to their unique stories and look at the interactions between the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that influence long-term health. These doctors believe that chronic disease is almost always preceded by a lengthy period of declining health in one or more of the organ systems of the body. Functional Medicine is grounded in the following core principles:
IFM Faculty Member Robert Rountree, MD, describes the fundamental differences between the acute and chronic care models. See more at: https://www.functionalmedicine.org/
- Biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness
- Patient-centered vs. disease-centered care
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors in a patient’s body, mind and spirit
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors
- Health as positive vitality not just the absence of disease
- Promotion of organ reserve to enhance “health” span not just the life-span of a patient
About The Practice
© 2021 Oasis Family Medicine, Inc.